Ooh how I love you Yuzu Tea...:P
Yuzu Tea Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolks
20g castor sugar
50g yuzu tea marmalade
50ml hot water
40ml vegetable oil
70g cake flour
4 egg whites
50g castor sugar
8g corn flour
1. Dissolve Yuzu Tea Marmalade in the hot water and sieve flour. Set aside.
2. Mix egg yolks, sugar in a medium bowl until pale, add the oil and mix till well incorporated. Add the yuzu tea mixture and mix well before adding the flour. Mix till the flour is fully incorporated into the mixture.
3. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until foamy, add 1/2 the sugar and corn flour mixture and beat for a few minutes, add the remaining mixture and beat till stiff peak form.
4. Measure out 1/3 of the egg whites and fold into the egg yolk mixture. Then pour the mixture into the rest of the egg whites and gently fold in the egg whites until well incorporated.
5. Pour the batter into the chiffon pans (I used 1 16cm and 2 mini pans) and bake at 160 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Yields an 18cm chiffon cake.