Friday, November 5, 2010

Raspberry Rose Dark Chocolate Macarons


Guess what? Haha I made macarons again! I know I said that I was going to take a break from macaron making but it happened that one of my best girlfriend's birthday was coming up and I had promised her some earlier on. Hence, I made this batch of macs in two different flavours specially for her. I went through my latest chocolate stash to find inspiration and decided to make these lovely Raspberry Rose Dark Chocolate Macarons and Salted Caramel Macarons (coming up soon). The colours for the raspberry rose ones are lovely and the flavour combination so girly - I'm excited just thinking about it!

Since I love all things pink, of course I would favour the pink-coloured ones more. This is the first time I'm taking work-in-progress pictures despite the bad night lighting. I had lotsa fun making these pretty babies - with rose petal flavoured shells and a dark chocolate ganache topped with chopped raspberries...very yummy I would say!

Clockwise from top left: Chopped Ghirardhelli 60% dark chocolate, piped shells on parchment, filling the coloured shells, rose petal topped shells waiting to be filled.

Managing the water content of the fresh raspberries was a little tricky though. I tried to cover all the raspberries with chocolate ganache, but I still found the macs to be a little soggy on the inside after a day or two. Hmmm....any ideas/suggestions on how I can do this better? I love the flavour combination but the way I combined them doesn't seem to make these last. They're fine after 3 days in the fridge, just that they have a tendency to give way easily at each bite...hmmmm...I wonder why?

Fresh red raspberries


These pretty pink babies were such a joy to photograph. I think pink just makes everything more pretty doesn't it? Haha! Or maybe it's just me :P.

I hope the birthday girl likes these! It's my way of saying Happy Birthday my dear and I hope you will enjoy them on your special day :).

Which makes me wonder if anyone's going to make me anything on my birthday? I will be very happy if someone does...haha :).


Will just leave you with the Raspberry Chocolate Ganache recipe. I made the shells using the Italian Meringue recipe. You can find the recipe here.


Raspberry Chocolate Ganache

Ingredients:
100g Ghirardhelli 60% Dark Chocolate (chopped)
100g heavy cream
6 raspberries (chopped)

Preparation:
1. Place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. 
2. Heat the cream in a medium saucepan until boiling point. Pour over chopped chocolate and let steep for 1-2 minutes. Stir till smooth
3. Refrigerate until pipeable consistency before piping a dollop of the ganache onto the shells, top with chopped raspberries and cover with another dollop of chocolate ganache.
4. Top with another shell and refrigerate till set.

Fills 50 mini macarons.

9 comments:

  1. What a profesionally made Macarons!! Too pretty...... Really can't bear to bite on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ezee: Thanks! Far from professional at this point but good enough for personal consumption...haha :).

    Swee San: Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Macarons are so pretty and delicious, why take a break from making them?
    Yours are particularly gorgeous - I love the combination of flavors (raspberry + rose is one of my favorites)...and I love how pale and pretty the cookie part of your macaron is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I'm sure the birthday girl enjoys the macs! You're one macaron sifu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your macarons look gougeous!! The birthday girl is so lucky to have a talented friend like you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allie, sorry, I got mixed up and thougt I was at another blog... Your macarons are just divine and you have the beautiful photos to show for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indie Tea: Haha, you're right, they are pretty and delicious :). Thanks!

    Pei Lin: The birthday girl did enjoy them, phew! The effort wasn't put in in vain...haha :).

    Food For Tots: Thank you! You're so sweet :).

    Shirley: Haha no worries. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails