Monday, May 17, 2010

Chocolate Banana Cream Tart

All Sunday I've been craving for something chocolatey with bananas. While sitting in service, I suddenly had a idea - a chocolate banana tart. On my way home, I gathered all the ingredients and went straight back to start on this only to fail my first attempt at making the custard cream. Sigh, it seemed like I was destined to leave my desire unfulfilled. I stood there for awhile, pensive, thinking about what I should do next. There was enough eggs, milk and chocolate for a second try....what am I waiting for? I put all these together, rectified my mistake and created my chocolate banana cream pie. Ahh...finally, the Sunday ain't so bad after all :)

When it comes to taking pictures, it's another failed attempt yet again. Lazy me can't wake up before heading to work to catch the warm day light for nice photos. Oh well, gotta make do with these...at least the pie was really delicious :). I used Dorie's recipe for the Chocolate Cream Tart in Baking from my home to yours, used semisweet chocolate and added bananas. The resulting flavour was lovely, with the semisweet chocolate not too overpowering for the banana flavour to shine through.

I'm easily satisfied, all it takes is a good Chocolate Banana Cream Tart :).

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and delicious save! And your photos look great just the way they are, Allie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thecoffeesnob,

    thank you for your very kind comments :) I think I feel a little better now...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks awesome, I am glad that you went on to give it a second try! and I like your photo, it looks excellent to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HHB,

    Thank you for your sweet comments! I just felt it was a pity to not have anything to eat after all that effort...haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you went ahead and gave it another shot! And as far as photos go, I think yours look tempting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ovenhaven,

    So sweet...thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails